- 07 Feb 2024
- 5 Minutes to read
- Updated on 07 Feb 2024
- 5 Minutes to read
An Applicant is a potential Caregiver: someone who has applied to work with your agency, but has not yet been hired.
- Complete as much information as you can about the applicant. You can easily make them an active caregiver and retain all entered information.
- If Applicants complete the online application, much of the information on the Personal Data Page is automatically populated.
To move an Applicant to an active Caregiver, remove the checkmark from the "applicant" box on the right side of the screen just above the photo. This process cannot be undone: once an Applicant is a Caregiver, they stay a Caregiver.
Watch a video about Applicants, including how to change an Applicant into an active Caregiver.
- Audit: Click to see who first added and who most recently updated this Applicant.
- Outlook: Click to export this Applicant into your Outlook contacts.
- Close: Click to close this Applicant.
Basic Applicant Information
This section has basic information like name, status, phone, and web portal access. The minimum requirement to enter an Applicant is first name, last name, and social security number (SSN/SIN.) If you do not know the social security number, add a checkmark into "Unknown SSN" so you can save the applicant.
- Status: The status of the Applicant: active or inactive. This list cannot be modified.
- Reason: Uses the Reasons Master List. Reason further elaborate the status field. For example, when you inactivate a Client, the Reason could be deceased, terminated service, moved out of the area, or anything else.
- Hire Date: The date the Applicant is hired.
- Application Date: The date the application was received.
- Phone 1 and Phone 2: Enter phone numbers for the Applicant.
- Email: Enter an email address here to be able to send email to your Applicant The email address will also used for giving the Applicant access to the Web Portal once they become an active Caregiver. Please note that email is limited to 4,000 characters per email. If office personnel also are caregivers, they must have two unique email addresses: one they use as the office user (typically an agency email address,) and another used as caregiver (perhaps a personal email address.)
- Web Password: Not used until this is an active Caregiver.
- Enable Web Login: Not used until this is an active Caregiver.
- State License Number: This number can also be used in shaded area of line 24j of the CMS1500.
- Referred By: Uses the Referrals for Caregivers Master List to indicate how the Applicant learned about your agency.
- Classification: This is the Classification Master List, used to denote the skill level like RN, LPN, CNA, Home Health Aide, etc.
- SSN/SIN: For security purposes, you can hide the SSN/SIN from all non-administrative users in Company Settings > Security. If you do not know the social security number, add a checkmark into "Unknown SSN" so you can save the applicant.
- Unknown SSN/SIN: Place a checkmark here if you do not know the SSN/SIN.
- Birth Date: The Applicant's date of birth. Age populates automatically after birth date is entered.
- Term Date: The date the Caregiver is terminated.
- Do Not Rehire: Place a checkmark here to indicate that you do not wish to rehire this Caregiver.
- Gender: Select an option; this list cannot be modified.
- Class Name: This is the Class Master List which is typically used if you have multiple offices and want to track expenditures by location. Class Name interfaces with the QuickBooks Class field when transferring Timesheets or invoices. You can also set up security by Class. We do not support the importing or exporting of subclasses to or from QuickBooks.
- EVV ID: Used by the optional Generations EVV to identify a Caregiver. You are warned if the number you enter is duplicated elsewhere in the system; you can also see this if you run the Duplicate EVV ID report.
- NPI: National Provider Identification Number. This number can also be used the in non-shaded area of line 24j of the CMS1500.
- Referred By: Used to indicate how the Caregiver learned about your agency, this menu uses the Referrals for Caregiver Master List.
- Paychex ID: This area is only used if you use Paychex as your third-party payroll company or as indicated in Help for other payroll companies and exports.
Photo and Geolocation
- Applicant Box: Only checked if the individual is a Caregiver. To move an Applicant to an active Caregiver, remove this checkmark. You cannot move an active Caregiver back into the Applicant list.
- Photo: Used to attach a picture to a Caregiver's file and to create Badges. Learn more about photos.
- Choose File: Click to browse to a photo of the Applicant.
- Add Picture: Used to save the picture to this profile in Generations.
- Delete Picture: Used to remove the picture from Generations.
- Online Application: If the applicant submitted an application online, you see "Online Application" here. Click to view the application.
- Geolocation: Used in Caregiver Search and Mapping & Routing to help identify Caregiver's proximity to the Client; learn more about geolocation.
- Text Msg #: The Applicant's cell phone number with no dashes; for example, 9896218763 not 989-621-8763.
- Carrier: The Applicant's cell phone provider.
- Send Text Message: Click to send a text message to this Applicant.
- Text Msg Group: A way to group Caregivers; for example, great fill-in or overnight might be groups.
- As a best practice, do not send any electronic message that contains identifiable patient/client information (full name, address, phone, date of birth, etc.) Use privacy controls in Company Settings to abbreviate client names and hide other identifying information. For a secure communication method, review the Message Center.
Address and Background
- For accurate geolocation, use standard addresses.
- Spell the words out (Drive instead of Dr., Court instead of Ct.)
- Do not use special characters like # in the address.
- +4 zip codes give the best results. If you do not know the +4 Zip code, try the Zip Code lookup at USPS.com.
- County: This is the County Master List, and it is used in Caregiver Search.
- Independent Contractor (Vendor): Check this box if your Caregiver is an independent contractor. Independent contractors are interfaced with QuickBooks as Vendors. Note that if a Caregiver is an independent contractor, you do not see overtime alerts when scheduling.
- Valid Driver's License: Used to indicate if caregiver has a valid driver's license.
- Weight Restriction and Limit: Used to indicate if caregiver has weight restriction and, if so, the limit.
- Background Check: Used to indicate if background check was completed.
- Smoker: Optional. Used to indicate if Caregiver is smoker.
This information helps track COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Upload a picture of the vaccine card.
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Report shows vaccination status.
- The vaccine fields are also available in the Report Writer and in the Caregiver List under Column Chooser.
- COVID-19 Vaccinated: Check if the client was vaccinated for COVID-19. Then click on the Vaccination Dates tab and enter in vaccine type and date information.
- Vaccine Type: Select the type of COVID-19 vaccination this person received.
- Vaccine Refused: Check the box if the vaccine was refused.
- Refused Reason: Document why the vaccine was refused.
- Upload Card Image: Click to upload a picture of the vaccine card. Only .JPG format is supported.
The Applicant file also has these areas, which work just like they do for active Caregivers.