- 15 Feb 2024
- 6 Minutes to read
- Updated on 15 Feb 2024
- 6 Minutes to read
The Call Center is for inter-office communication. It is a sophisticated note-taking area where you document conversations with or regarding Clients, Caregivers, Referral Sources, and others. It is an area to leave open throughout the day to document everything that happens in your agency.
- The Call Center uses the same Note Types created for Clients, Caregivers, and Referral Sources.
- Adding a note here automatically attaches the note to a file.
- You can also filter the call center by Location, Class, Caller Type, and more.
- Attaching Notes to Multiple Files
- Assigning Notes to Multiple People
- Using the Outlook Button
- Call Center Report
- Call Center Overview
- Watch a 24-minute Spotlight Session webinar from June 2020 about the Call Center. Download the slides here
- For a user to access the Call Center, they must have access to the Call Center group in Security settings.
- You can also make Call Center Notes read only by adding a checkmark in the Global Security setting of "Do not allow Notes or closed Call Center records to be edited or deleted."
Toolbars, Buttons, and Columns
- Reports: For a report of all Call Center items.
- Refresh: To bring in changes that have been made by co-workers. Particularly helpful if several people are working in the Call Center simultaneously.
- Font Increase/Decrease: To increase or decrease the size of the font
- Caller Type: Select Caller Type: Client, Prospective Client, Referral Source, Caregiver, Applicant, Case Manager, Physician, or Other.
- Caller: The name of the caller and/or who the Note is about.
- Select Date: Used to choose a date or date range.
- Assigned To: Filters the list of calls to display those items assigned to the selected individual. The default is (ALL.) As long as (ALL) is not selected, Generations automatically sends an email to the Assigned To user.
- Call Status: Open, Closed, or All
- Filters: Click to open other filters for the Call Center.
- Class: Filters display by Class.
- Location: Filters display by Location.
- Priority: Filters display by Priority.
- Schedule with initial contact in Outlook: When scheduling to-do's and appointments via Microsoft Outlook, schedule with the initial contact - if there is one.
- Include Inactive Caregivers/Clients: Gives you the option to show inactive Clients and Caregivers in the dropdown lists.
- 1 to 30 of 30 Records: Jumps to the next page or end of Notes for the displayed time period. Helpful when there is more than one page of Notes.
- +New: Click to add a new item.
- Yellow Pencil: Click to edit an item.
- Red X: Click to delete an item. Note that, provided the item is attached to a Client or Caregiver's file, it deletes from the Call Center, but not from the individual's file.
- Magnifying Glass: Click to see who first added and who most recently updated an item.
- Add Note Pin: When gray, indicates an item has been attached to a Client or Caregiver.
- Phone Close/Open Call: Click to close or open a call. A "closed" Note indicates that the Note is completed, that everything that transpired from the call has been handled.
- Add to Outlook: Used to schedule to-do's and appointments in Microsoft Outlook. See above for "schedule with initial contact in Outlook if present."
- Caller Type: Select one: Client, prospective Client, Referral Source, Caregiver, Applicant, Case Manager, Physician, or Other.
- Caller: Select the caller (or who the call is regarding.) If you select the Caller Type of "other" the Caller automatically defaults to all.
- Note Type: The subject, topic, or label applied to the individual documentation piece. For example, if Becky calls to report that Mrs. Anderson fell, you might initiate documentation by selecting the note type of "Incident Report."
- Opened/Closed Time: The date and time the note was opened and closed. Open items appear in the Notification Bar on the Home Screen.
- Entered by: The person who created the note.
- Priority: Place a checkmark here if the Note reflects an urgent situation.
- Closed: Placing a checkmark here indicates that the issue is resolved.
- Assigned To: Indicates to whom the Note is assigned.
- Due Date: Indicates the date the Note is due.
Add a Note
- Click the green +New button. Generations automatically enters the date and time the call was entered and the user who entered the call.
- Select Caller Type.
- Select the caller (or who the call is regarding.) If you selected the Caller Type of "Other," type the name of the person in the Caller area.
- Select a Note Type.
- Write your documentation. While this is not unlimited space, there is a large area so you can be detailed.
- Click Save. This saves your Note in the Call Center and automatically attaches it to any files (like the Client or Caregiver.)
- You can open the note to add additional information. When you have completed tasks generated from the call, click the "Close" box.
- (Optional) Assign a Note to someone else in your office. Select the "assigned to" person and "due date." As long as (ALL) is not selected, Generations automatically sends an email to the Assigned To user.
- (Optional) Attach a note to more than one caller. For example, if a Client calls about multiple Caregivers you can document on all parties involved in one Note.
Using these steps you can quickly move from phone call to phone call during a busy time.
- When the phones slow down, return to the Call Center and determine what actions need to be taken.
- For example, perhaps you recorded a note that Caregiver Sally Miller is ill and cannot make her shifts for the day.
- This type of call requires you to make changes in the Schedules, notify other Caregivers of the available shifts, and so on.
- After all of these things have been handled, open the note, put a checkmark in the "Closed" box to indicate that all issues have been resolved, and click Update.
- The note is "Closed."
Call Center items automatically attach to caller and secondary caller. However, if the item is updated in the caller's file first, subsequent updates to the item in the Call Center will not update in the caller's file. Here's an example:
- Add note in Call Center. It attaches to a Client and Caregiver.
- Update same note in Caregiver's file.
- Update note in Call Center. Only the Client's file is updated. The Caregiver's file cannot be updated as it has existing changes that cannot be altered.
Attach Notes to Multiple Files
Attach a note to additional people via the call Center. For example, if Suzy Caregiver calls to report about Sam Client, you can attach the note to the file of both Suzy and Sam.
- In an open note, click "Attach to secondary caller" and select the appropriate person; repeat for any additional people.
- Once you have attached a Note, you cannot add or attach to additional callers.
Show Phone Number On Hover
When viewing a note, hover over a caller's name to see phone numbers.
Referral Source Activities
The Call Center is used to enter Referral Activities.
- Referral Note Types can be set up to specify types of Referral Activities, and Activities can be assigned to Generations users, with a due date specified.
- Reports on Referral Sources, and Referrals by Date are available at the Reports menu, as well as a utility to print mailing labels for Referral Sources.
The Call Center Report is an expanded Note Type report. Use the Call Center Report to discover:
- How many Notes were opened for Referral Source Note Type "Inquiry" in the month of September?
- Have all of those notes been closed?
- Who are the open notes assigned to?
- Run the report using "Due Date" and "Sort by Assigned To" for further follow-up with individuals in the agency.
The Call Center Report can also be found under the Reports menu when viewing all reports.
- Note Types: Al list of all the Note Types in Generations. Specify Note Types as desired.
- Open Date: The date the item was added to the Call Center.
- Due Date: The date the item is due as indicated in the Note.
- From/Thru: Date range.
- Caller Type: Select the appropriate caller type. Using this dropdown changes the display. For example, if the Caller Type selected is "Referral Source," you can specify a Referral Source. Additionally, only the Referral Note Types are displayed.
- Assigned to: Select the appropriate person.
- Call Status: All, open, or closed.
- Sort by Assigned To: Sorts results by the person the Notes are assigned to.
When A Call Center Item Fails
When a Call Center item fails to send, make note of the error and then review the failed email or text statuses in Email Server Settings.