- 06 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
- Updated on 06 Feb 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Caregivers provide services for Clients. This is a list of your Caregivers and where you enter new employees or independent contractors. Find the Caregiver list by clicking on the Caregiver icon on the Home screen or selecting Caregiver list on the Caregiver menu at the top of the Home screen.
- The list works kind of like an Excel spreadsheet and can be sorted and adjusted so that you see what you want to see.
- For example, you can add/remove columns or click on a column header to sort by that column.
- To open a file, click on the name of a caregiver or on the yellow pencil to the left of their name.
- To add a new caregiver, click on the green +New button in the upper left of the list.
Buttons and Toolbar At The Top Of The Caregiver List
- Column Chooser: Used to change the display of items in the list. More about this below.
- Outlook: Click to export this person into your Microsoft Outlook contacts. Only works with the desktop version of Outlook.
- Custom Filter: An advanced search feature allowing you to look through entire Caregiver files. More about this feature below.
- Remove Filter: Click to remove the Custom Filter.
- Export: Click to export this list into Excel.
- Font+/-: Click to increase or decrease the size of the font.
- Search Button and Box: Used to search through the Caregivers. Type a search term (name, address, city, etc.) and click the Search button.
- Type: Click to select active, inactive, or all Caregivers. The default is active.
- Alphabet: Click the letter of the alphabet to see all Caregivers with a last name beginning with the selected letter.
- 1 to 100 of 175 Records: Click the arrows to move through the list.
- +New: Click to add a new item.
- Caregiver Name, Status, Reason, Phone 1, etc.: These are column headers. Click any column header to sort by that column. Caregiver name and the buttons to the left of the caregiver name are static and cannot be changed. All remaining columns can be adjusted using Column Chooser.
Buttons To The Left Of The Caregiver
- Yellow Pencil: Click to edit an item.
- Red X: Click to delete an item.
- Grey Silhouette: Click to inactivate an item. You may also want to take additional steps inside the Caregiver's file before inactivating here. See our recommended best practices for inactivating.
- Calendar: Click to access the Caregiver's monthly Schedule. You can also find their schedule by using the Caregiver menu in any scheduling area.
Add A New Caregiver
- Click the green +New button.
- The Caregiver 's file opens to Personal Data.
- The minimum required to save a new caregiver is first name, last name, and social security number.
- Click save or move on to another tab in the Caregiver's file.
Edit A Caregiver
- Click the yellow pencil to the left of a Caregiver or click the Caregiver's name.
- The Caregiver's file opens to their Personal Data page.
Use Column Chooser
Select the fields you want to see in the Caregiver list. Start by clicking the Column Chooser Button at the top of the list.
- On the left is a list of all available fields including Custom Fields. Put a checkmark in the fields you want to see.
- Adjust the order of the list on the right side with the up and down arrows.
- Click OK.
- The Caregiver list is in your customized order.
- To undo this setup, use the Column Chooser again to select the fields you want to see.
Use Custom Filter and Remove Filter
Custom Filter allows you to do a deep search through all Caregiver files.
- Click Custom Filter
- Type what you want to find in the For box. In the example, we're searching for any instance of the name "Paul" in any caregiver file.
- Select other options as desired.
- Click OK.
- The results display in the Caregiver List.
- The Custom Filter stays in place until you click the Remove Filter button.
Export To Excel
Click to download the Caregiver list into Excel. Similar functionality (and more) is available in Report Writer.
Search Box and Button
Type a search term (name, address, city, etc.) and click the Search button. Undo the search by clicking the X at the end of the search box.