- 22 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
- Updated on 22 Jan 2024
- 3 Minutes to read
Clients are care recipients and this is where your Clients are listed and where you perform intakes. Find the Client list by clicking on the Client icon on the Home screen or selecting Client list on the Client menu at the top of the Home screen.
- The list works kind of like an Excel spreadsheet and can be sorted extensively and adjusted so that you see the data you wish to see.
- For example, you can add/remove columns using the column chooser or click on a column header to sort by that column.
- To open a file, click on the name of the Client or on the yellow pencil to the left of their name.
- To add a new Client, click on the green +New button in the upper left of the list.
Watch a video about the Client List.
Buttons and Toolbar at the top of the Client List
- Column Chooser: Used to change the display of items in the list. More about this feature below.
- Outlook: Click to export this person into your Microsoft Outlook contacts. Only works with the desktop version of Outlook.
- Custom Filter: An advanced search feature allowing you to look through entire Client files. More about this feature below.
- Remove Filter: Click to remove the Custom Filter.
- Export: Click to download this list into Excel.
- Font+/-: Click to increase or decrease the size of the font.
- Search Button and Box: Used to search through the Clients. Type a search term (name, address, city, etc.) and click the Search button.
- Type: Click to select active, inactive, or all Clients. The default is active.
- Alphabet: Click the letter of the alphabet to see all Clients with a last name beginning with the selected letter.
- 1 to 100 of 175 Records: Click the arrows to move through the list.
- +New: Click to add a new item.
- Client Name, Status, Client Type, City, etc.: These are column headers; click on any column header to sort by that column. Client name and the buttons to the left of the client name are static and cannot be changed. All other columns can be adjusted using Column Chooser.
Buttons To The Left Of The Client List
- Yellow Pencil: Click to edit an item.
- Red X: Click to delete an item.
- Grey Silhouette: Click to inactivate an item. You may also want to take additional steps inside the Client's file before inactivating here; see recommended best practices for inactivating.
- Calendar: Click to access the Client's monthly Schedule. You can also find their schedule by using the Client menu in any scheduling area.
Add A New Client
- Click the green +New button.
- The Client's file opens to Personal Data.
- The minimum required to save a new client is first name and last name.
- Click save or move on to another tab in the Client's file.
Edit A Client
- Click the yellow pencil to the left of a Client or click the Client's name.
- The Client's file opens to their Personal Data page.
Use Column Chooser
What do you want to see in this client list? Use the Column Chooser to select fields. Here are two examples.
You always start by clicking the Column Chooser Button at the top of the list. Similar functionality (and more functionality) is available in Report Writer.
- On the left is a list of all available fields including Custom Fields. Put a checkmark in the fields you want to see.
- Use the arrows on the right side to adjust the order.
- Click OK.
- The Client list is in your customized order.
- To undo the columns, go back into column chooser and select the columns you want to see.
Let's say you want to export a list of clients and email addresses. Adjust the column chooser to use these columns and click save.
Your client list changes to display only the client name, status, and email address. To undo the columns, go back into column chooser and select the columns you want to see.
Use Custom Filter and Remove Filter
Custom Filter allows you to do a deep search through all Client files.
- Click Custom Filter
- Type what you want to find in the "For" box. In the example, we're searching for any instance of the name "Paul" in any client file.
- Select other options as desired.
- Click OK.
- The results display in the Client List.
- The Custom Filter stays in place until you click the Remove Filter button.
Export To Excel
Click to download the entire Client list into Excel. Similar functionality (and more functionality) is available in Report Writer.
Search Box and Button
Type a search term (name, address, city, etc.) and click the Search button. Undo the search by clicking the X at the end of the search box.