- 12 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Document Management Overview
- Updated on 12 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Located on the Home screen, Document Management invites you to upload, organize, and share documents with Caregivers and Clients. You can also create your own folders for office staff viewing only.
Watch a short training video about Document Management.
Watch a 28-minute Spotlight Session webinar about Document Management from 2020 or view slides here.
Webinar Correction: Audit shows which documents each client or caregiver can access; it does not report what documents have been viewed. Consider using Secure Messaging to notify caregivers of new documents and request confirmation they have viewed the shared material.
Generations added two folders for you: Caregiver General Documents and Client General Documents. You can add additional folders as desired; however, any files added to the new folder will only be visible to office staff.
- Click the green +New button
- Add Folder Name to "title" the type of documents you will be uploading.
- Under Description, you can give more detail on what type of documents are located in the folder.
Any document added to the Client General Documents can be seen by Clients on the mobile app or mobile website.
Any document added to the Caregiver General Documents can be seen by Caregivers on the mobile app or mobile website.
To add documents, click on the folder to which you want to add documents. Then click new.
- Click upload file to select the file
- Add a description
- Select Class if desired.
- Click Save. The file is now visible to Caregivers or Clients.
Caregivers and Clients View
Caregivers and Clients click Shared Documents to view the documents that have been shared by the office.
- For Caregivers any documents in the Caregiver General Documents folder are visible. Click on the document name to open.
- For Clients any documents in the Client General Documents folder are visible. Click on the document name to open.