- 13 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Mass Update Overview
- Updated on 13 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Located in the Notification Bar on the Home Screen, Mass Update quickly update various fields for Clients or Caregivers at the same time.
- Mass Update ensures accuracy and can greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to modify data.
- For example, if you have a Case Manager assigned to many Clients and the Case Manager is replaced, use Mass Update to change all of the Client records at one time—no need to open and modify each Client's file.
Watch a video about Mass Updating Payroll Items.
Click on the Mass Update icon on the Home Screen and select the area you want to work with. Click Next.
The below screen opens. Use this form to indicate how to update a large number of individuals. The items in the Master List are shown on the left of the screen, and the individuals are shown on the right. The image below shows replacing a Case Manager.
- Select the item on the left.
- Select names on the right. Select multiple individuals by holding down your CTRL or SHIFT keys.
- Click the Assign arrow.
- The items are updated.
Regarding Payroll Items
There are two options to update Payroll Items via Mass Update. Only users with administrative-level security access can update Payroll Items.
- Caregiver-Payroll Items and Rates is for assigning a rate to many Caregivers at one time. You can also indicate if the rate should be the default rate.
- Schedules-Payroll Items is for updating Payroll Items in Scheduling
Let's say you want to give a pay raise to everyone with the Payroll Item named Companion2018 effective January 1, 2018.
- Open the Payroll Item Master List and add a new item called Companion2018.
- Open Mass Update, select Caregiver-Payroll Items and Rates. Assign the Payroll Item and the 2018 pay rate.
- Also in Mass Update, select Schedules-Payroll Items. Choose the existing Payroll Item of Companion2017, the new item of Companion2018, and the effective date of January 1, 2018.
- Select Class or Location as desired.
- Additionally, you can also assign Companion2018 to any Caregivers who do not already have that Payroll Item assigned, and make their pay rate $10.75.