- 28 Dec 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 28 Dec 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Thank you for choosing Generations. Here are some things to think about as you begin to implement Generations in your agency.
Connect With Your Trainer
Typically you receive training once a week for six (6) weeks or so. During that time, you work closely with your trainer to get your agency fully transitioned to Generations. Your trainer is one of your most valuable resources when you start with Generations because he/she knows Generations inside and out and has worked with hundreds of agencies in just as many different situations. The end of the initial training period is determined by you and your trainer.
Review System Requirements and Configure Browsers
Generations is web-based so there are some key system requirements to review. Things to think about include:
- Browser Settings: Each browser has slightly different settings that optimize your experience of Generations.
- Email Settings: You can use your own email server or the built-in Generations email service.
- Microsoft Office: Some reports open in Excel, and some features use Outlook.
- QuickBooks: Generations works with either QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Adobe Acrobat is the default method for opening reports.
- Password Manager: We strongly recommend that you do not save passwords in your browser. Password Management software maintains a high level of security.
Find Additional Training Resources
While you have time every week with your trainer, there are plenty of other resources to help you learn Generations.
- Training Videos: More than 100 short training videos available right in Help.
- Spotlight Session Webinars: Deeper dives that help your team use new features, streamline workflows, and establish best practices.
- Help System: The Help system you're currently reading has in-depth information about all aspects of Generations.
- Print articles or export them to PDF.
- There is a separate Help system for the caregiver app and the client app.
- To see either of those, go to the upper left corner and click the menu that says Generations Help. Then select Caregiver Mobile App or Client Mobile App.
- To switch back to the main Help, select Generations Help.
Look At The Data Flow
The Generations data flow gives you a big picture view of how Generations works. It shows you how clients and caregivers combine to create schedules, which leads to timesheets, billing, and payroll.
Read The Quick Start Guide And Implementation Plan
- Quick Start Guide: Shows you what it takes to add users, add schedules, and use EVV.
- Implementation Plan: A checklist of the key things that most agencies do when they first have Generations.
- Is your agency brand new? Check out our Start Up suggestions.
Look at the FAQ
This is a list of questions that we are asked frequently like, "Is Generations HIPAA compliant?" and "How can I track authorizations?"
If you have questions, run them by your trainer in one of your weekly training sessions. You can also contact the support team several ways:
- Live Chat: Available Monday-Friday 9a-5p Eastern.
- The chat button is in the lower right corner of the page.
- You can also chat with us from our primary website: www.homecaresoftware.com
- If you start a chat after business hours, please leave a message and we will respond the next business day.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Call (989) 546-4512
- After Hours Emergency: Call (989) 546-4512 x1.