Yes, you can track office staff hours and have the staff use Generations EVV. Here's how to do that:
1. (Optional) Create a Class called office staff. Be sure to change security settings based on office staff who are able to see this new Class.
2. Add staff as Caregivers and assign pay rates. You can use an actual pay rate or a $0 rate. If you create a Class, add the Caregiver to that Class.
3. Add a Client called office, and enter your office's address.
4. Add a Service Code called Office and assign a $0 bill rate.
5. Schedule the office staff with this office client.
The advantage is that office staff is on the calendar, and that payroll can flow from Generations to QuickBooks.
However, because your total hours, total billing, total payroll include office staff, your homecare numbers might be slightly skewed.
Maintaining an accurate office staff calendar might be more time consuming, and there may be concern about office staff seeing pay rates of co-workers.
Some agencies choose to forgo adding office staff information to Generations, and simply use QuickBooks or a payroll company.